Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's Just a Fantasy - o-oh-wo-oh (my apologies to Billy Joel)

As someone who's way too involved a hockey pool (auction with salary cap, weekly match-ups, draft picks, supplemental draft, trading deadline, season goes to the Stanley Cup finals, each GM can keep five players year over year for a maximum of five years...) and who simply couldn't put Fantasy Land down (if you haven't read it - go grab it. Seriously.) I found this article at CJR fascintating...in short, Sports Illustrated has seen the future of fantasy sports and it's not in the hosting of said games, it's in feeding the fanatics who play them.

Be interesting to see if any Canadian media outlets try to follow suit (I sure hope so, I accidentally drafted Mike Ribeiro. Clearly I could use some help).

No comments:

Post a Comment