Friday, December 22, 2006

That's it for 2006

I'm likely the last one to the party on this but I thought I'd lead off with some sad news - Chris Young is wrapping up JABS easily the best MSM sports blog out there. Congratulations are in order for his promotion, but his blog will be missed.


Leafs play the resurgent Hawks in a classic Norris Division match up tonight. With Wellwood and Ponikarvosky hurt and Aubin starting I don't like their odds. Of course, that means the Leafs will likely win big. Wirtzsucks.com doesn't offer up much in terms of insight, but it does have a very catchy name.


I'm going overseas for a month, so blogging will be light to non-existent here in the land of bitterness until late January. I hope to return to one of two scenarios - a screaming hot Leafs club that's tearing up the league, or a complete wipe-out resulting in a front-office shuffle. Most likely outcome? Leafs play .500 in my absence and continue to float between 7th and 13th in the east. I'll return just in time to see the Leafs play the Kansas City Penguins, hopefully the Pens marketing division will crack out the ol' powder blue jerseys for that match up...

Happy holidays, I'll see you in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment