Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Canvas can do Miracles?!?

Randy Starkman at the Star has a great piece on athlete's iPod playlists.

There's no surprise about what Leafs Wade Belak (Metallica, Korn) and Bryan McCabe (Slayer, Venom) listen to, but Boyd Devereaux and Hal Gill offer up some interesting choices - the former going with lots of Canadian indie rock while the latter seems to think there are few songs better than Christopher Cross' Sailing. (No, I didn't make that up: Gill loves the Christopher Freakin' Cross...)

Actual playlists from Boyd Devereaux, Wade Belak, Hal Gill; Raptors Mo Peterson and T.J. Ford and others can be found here.

I'm a big fan of Random Rules, the weekly Onion/AV Club iPod playlist interview, so it was pretty cool to find out what the Leafs are listening to.

In the spirit of playing along (and hoping none of my Iron Maiden tracks emerge) I thought I'd give my iPod a quick shuffle and share the first five tracks that played:

1. Non-Photo Blue, Pinback
2. Change Gonna Come, Otis Redding
3. My Adidas, Run DMC
4. Things I Will Keep, Guided by Voices
5. At Least That's What You Said, Wilco

(HNIC's Ron MacLean sat three rows ahead of me at Massey Hall when Wilco played on the AGIB tour and he lept to his feet and totally rocked out to I'm a wheel. It was a very odd sight...)

===

Big game against the Flyers tonight. Like the 79 that proceeded it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs won 9-1 or lost 6-2...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:04 pm

    Iron Maiden rules!!!

    Embrace your inner head-banger, don't be ashamed by it.

    ReplyDelete